Friday, August 27, 2010

Quiet day in North Pole, Aug 27, 2010

I want to share with you a photo of a photo I bought from a small shop at the Pioneer Park.  This eagle shot was taken by Kim Krinke.  In the write up that was with the photo she writes, “During my 12 years in Nome and 24 years in Fairbanks, I gained knowledge of the tundra, forests, mountains and coastal regions, taking time to see what was there.  I also began to understand what it means to “be still and know that He is God.”

IMG_2939 This photo was taken in Homer, it took me a few moments to notice all the eagles in the background.  I love this photo and it is now hanging in the coach.

Last night or should I say early this morning 1:45 am we got up to see if we could see the aurora borealis, it also was a clear night sky.   And the answer is “Yes” we did see them, looked like a wavy greenish mist high in the sky that came and went directly overhead.   I found this website that even predicts about 30 minutes in the future the possibility of the aurora occurrence.  This morning’s numbers were around 3.5.

030Since we will not have internet for a few days I want to wish our daughter Jenny a very Happy Birthday.  Thank you for being a super daughter, great friend, wonderful mother of three and loving wife.  God Bless You!

I mentioned above, that we are heading out tomorrow and will not have internet for a few days.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, I am so excited you got to see the Lights!! What a wonderful "cherry on top" for your Alaskan Expedition!!

It was too cloudy while we were up there in '08 to see them, however I did see them last year in Montana! Although not as spectacular as there in Alaska!

Happy and safe trails!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Wondering WHERE you are?!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails