Monday, December 22, 2008

Cookies and Bread, Dec. 20-22, 2008

We went to church on Saturday afternoon, yes the Central Christian Church in Mesa has Sat. services. The message was about trust and the Merton Prayer was mentioned. I had not heard of it before, thought it was nice, here is a link to the prayer if you're interested.

I got hungry for spritz cookies, but I did not bring my cookie press with me in the coach. So I just rolled them out in small balls and flattened them with a fork. Worked great.

Our Christmas decorations are few and simple, but are nice. We have a tiny tree with my ribbon angels on it, the fabric bells with lights and garland. See the tree skirt, I found that at a thrift store in Quartzsite for .25; the light green holly ruffle matches the fabric in one of the bells above. We also have lights down both of the slides inside, one side is a set of the new LED lights, they are nice and bright, planning on hitting the after Christmas sales and picking up another set. Think they will be nice just to have up in the coach all the time.
.
See how tall the amaryllis is getting, the bloom is just starting to come out. Don't think it will be in full bloom for Christmas, maybe New Years.
Look at my loaf of homemade bread! Smells so good!! Yes, the recipe is from the South Beach diet cookbook (orange cover). I added some sage, thyme and poultry seasoning to the recipe so it will taste like stuffing all by itself. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to grill another Cornish game hen, the one we did from Thanksgiving turned out so good.
.
In this special moment in life...Tell those you love that you do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails