Tuesday, January 13, 2009

These Boots Are Made for Walking, Jan.12, 2009

For today's walk, we were prepared--hiking boots and hiking staffs!
we walked about 1/3 of a mile to where the trail heads down into the arroyo, it was an easy down trail.

At the bottom, we explored both of the channels that split off. The first one came to an abrupt halt when it fell about 10 feet with no way to climb down. So we went to the other side and followed it for awhile.
Here is where that channel came to a halt--we were not ducks. I know where I would have been if I had tried to walk on the little side ledge--wet!!Near the end, Bob climbed UP, but he is a cousin to the mountain goat and my nickname is "goatless", so I back tracked, above are a couple of the photos the (old) goat took.

You can see how narrow the channel was, Bob is reaching across with his hiking staff.
Yes, I still managed to get some rocks in one of my boots.
.
In this special moment in life...Observe miracles.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails