Sunday, July 8, 2012

International American Pie

Remember Don McLean’s song, American Pie.    Remember the chorus…

So, bye bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry
Them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singing...
This'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die

Well, on July 4th when I was helping with the dishes after our noon meal, this song was playing on the radio while Anita from England, Mike (Hiam) from Israel and myself from Ohio were all singing along.   A special moment indeed!!  Who would have known it was an International Song!!

3 comments:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Love that song. Not surprising that it is an International hit!

Paul and Marti Dahl said...

But where you singing in tune?

Elaine said...

love love that song too....doesn't matter if you were singing in tune or not...I'm sure it was fun :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails