Thursday, October 27, 2011

Washington DC, Day 8, Our day of rest, Oct 27, 2011

The plan for the day was to do nothing or not much.  With being a tourist for seven straight days, we were tired, plus it was forecast to rain all day.  It did drizzle most of the day.  So this morning I put a crockpot full of chili on the cook, nothing is better on a rainy fall day than chili.

We did start the car for the first time also in a week, and drove about three miles to do some grocery shopping.  We ended up with an eggplant and some chicken, so Bob made up one of his great dishes -- eggplant topped with chicken, then topped with a marinara sauce, cheese and Italian seasonings.  So now we will have some great food after more days of sightseeing.

I did get out my sewing machine to work on two projects.  One of my daypack straps was tearing slightly, so I stitched the seam deeper over the strap, worked great!  The next project was to attempt to hem Bob’s jeans again.

IMG_2433

See the messy hem, the sewing machine’s tension was not correct.  I had sewn this probably three months ago, it looked horrible, so I put it away.   I was using some special heavy duty thread for jeans and the machine was not adjusted for the change in thread weight.  Bob helped remove the above stitching.  Then I adjusted the tension, and with more patience and more determination, I eventually got both legs done!!

IMG_2434

Tomorrow’s plan more sightseeing, not sure what, but by tomorrow we will have it figured out.

2 comments:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

You can tell you are on a rally when you do not drive the car for a week:)

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

After our AK trip we were so over the whole motorhome thing. AK is so far in the rear view mirror that it's appealing again...especially when I read your blog. Graduation for the class of 2028 (Dori's college grad year} is a LONG way away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails