Sunday, August 14, 2011

Surprise, Iron Mountain, MI Aug 13, 2011

We  received a surprise email that our friends, John and Judy, were traveling nearby Iron Mountain on their way to Portland, with a side meander to Copper Harbor and wanted to stop and see us.   So I knew I had a cake to bake,  the same Apple Cake I had made about a week ago and had been our evening desert ever since.  I tried to make it a little diet friendly, using sugar substitute for part of the sugar and whole wheat pastry flour.   I also added some cinnamon and nutmeg which just goes with apples.

002

A great time was had by all, including their dog Mollie.  Here she is being very attentive waiting for her taste of the whipped cream topping.  She knows the sound of it being squirted (in this case on the Apple Cake)  and comes running to get her taste.

003

2 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

I'm going to head to the store to get apples. That sounds so good. Our girls would freak out at the sound of the spray can.

Travelwithwhippets said...

Glad you were able to hook up with John and Judy. I e-mailed that apple cake recipe to myself from your link and can't wait to try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails